Work Skills Corporation (WSC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals with barriers pursue careers. We are seeking a compassionate Vocational Assessment Coordinator to facilitate intake, case management, vocational counseling, vocational assessments, and the development of individualized service plans for our participants. The Vocational Assessment Coordinator will support the services for both Work Skills’ Employment Services operations located in Brighton and Ann Arbor.
WSC offers a fantastic benefits package that includes medical (single coverage employer-paid), dental, vision, life, retirement with an employer match, 11 paid holidays, and additional paid time off. Not to mention that the work environment is flexible and friendly and client-focused.
Duties of the Vocational Assessment Coordinator include:
- Provide vocational assessment services including situational assessments, standardized work samples and tests, informational interviews, vocational guidance and career exploration activities, including community-based services all aimed at finding clients' dream jobs that match interest and aptitude
Requirements for the Vocational Assessment Coordinator include:
- Obtained or pursuing a Master’s Degree in a related field of study such as case management, counseling, social work, psychology etc.
- Credentials as a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) preferred, however open to candidates interested in pursuing.
- Core competencies in teamwork, organizational skills, strong verbal and written communication, time management, problem-solving, and exceptional customer/client focus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, various databases, and working with virtual meeting platforms
Why choose Work Skills Corporation?
- Work Skills Corporation (WSC) is a mission-based company focused on helping others optimize their potential—and having FUN while we do it!
- WSC is an award-winning organization and proud winner of the recently announced Crain’s Coolest Places to Work 2021, 2020 winner of The Best of MichBusiness and multi-year National Best & Brightest award-winning company!
- WSC is a local, almost 50-year-old community-based, non-profit corporation where our employees stay and grow with us.
- WSC is a fun and flexible work environment including popcorn days, Work Thrills! employee engagement committee sponsored events, casual dress code, massage, slushy days, and more!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, protected status, Veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.