Florence B. Dearing Museum
The Florence B. Dearing Museum houses rotating exhibits, treasures, and keepsakes of the Hartland’s past. The collection is largely that of the museum’s namesake, Florence B. Dearing, who was a librarian at Cromaine District Library for 26 years. Many generous donations from people in the community and former residents have helped the museum grow.
Constructed in 1891, the building was originally the site of Hartland’s town hall. After undergoing several transformations, in the early 1970s the building was deeded to the Hartland Historical Society and was ultimately restored as the Florence B. Dearing Museum.
The Florence B. Dearing Museum is located on the northwest corner of Hartland and Crouse roads in Hartland’s historic downtown. Seasonal hours apply. For more information, visit the Hartland Historical Society’s web site at www.hartlandareahistory.org. To arrange a tour, call 810-333-1181.